Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Post Spiritual, love thyself

    Good day friends...To those of you who took up the challenge the Sunday before last how did you do? I did not do well I am afraid. However, I will keep trying. As a child I memorized John 3:16: "For God so loved the world He gave his only Son so that whosoever believed in Him would have eternal life." However, the rest of John 3 is also very enlightening; it explains that He did not send His Son to condemn the world but to save it. John chapter 3 in the final verse also speaks about obedience to Him as we follow His word. If we believe then we must also act on those beliefs.
    This is something I still struggle with daily and at the age of 50 I do not see the struggle ending any time soon; because although I am saved, I still face sin on a daily basis. My greatest struggles are with being  a slob, impatience, laziness, an inability to reach out to others which may be the most selfish of all of them. And I know I am being hard on myself; however, someone needs to be.  I will never progress if I don't at least make the effort.
     I know that He loves me; however, I was reminded by someone I love that I have still not learned to love myself. I am working on it and I know I am not the only one who struggles with this. We may be creatures of our past and present situations; nevertheless, we have some one who can help us. He wants to help us. Although I still struggle with my sense of self I am still a long way from when I was a child who feared everything and suffered from extremely low self esteem. He became my friend and helped me to hold on until I was old enough to learn...Which took about 50 years ;p Cause I am still learning.
    I believe as the Bible says He is glorified through my weaknesses. I am not the one who can do all of the things I am capable of He is. He just asks that I believe and try and obey. Or as Yoda would say " Do or do not there is no try". I need to start putting one foot in front of the other and make the needed efforts. I am not worthy of His love; after all, and yet He still loves me. I even like to think that occasionally I can make Him laugh with some of the sillier "stupid" things I have done. Well, my beloved friends I hope you had a great weekend and hope your week is fantastic!! Because you deserve it. Remember, you are loved and I pray and think about you all daily. I hope we can continue our daily chats and that I can bring some hope to your day as you all bring to mine. Until the next blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!