Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

About da hubby...

Hello world; I know I have been MIA for the past few days....Today I am going to write about that very special man in my life my hubby Bill. We met 28 years ago in June when we both ended up at a bar called "Close Encounters" behind "The Bowling Green" in West Chicago, IL. I was with a friend who had no problems getting dance partners; I was not as lucky and was contemplating making a sign saying "I only want to dance with you; not date you" when this handsome cowboy walked in and asked me to dance. We danced and talked and talked; he gave me his number and I said something dumb like "I don't call guys yada, yada" and we said good night. I also wasn't looking to date anyone at that time either. However, we both showed up at the same place the next night and we hung out; this time he asked for my number and I gave it to him.
    I didn't want to fall in love, I was a mess and knew I wasn't good for anyone; however, he made me laugh. I'm not talking about the little titters, he made me laugh with abandon and that is something I still value to this day. Poor thing didn't know what he was getting into. He still reminds me when he found out about the hearing aid that I said "treat me like anyone else". He still knows that is true for the most part; however, he also has adapted very well to living with a person with hearing issues and how to have fun with it. He recently found out the "Bill where are you?" game. I will make the mistake of calling out and asking him where are you and in some of his funniest voices he will call out I'm right here!. Well, I am not a bat and my ears are no help at all so here I am trying to figure out what room he is in...By the time I find him it is always "how could you not find me; I was right here?" And for the record; he is the only one who can get away with that since he speaks loudly enough for me to hear him and I refuse to kill him ;p
   Bill met my parents without me being present both times. He was invited to a party my Mother was having for a few of my brother's friends. Bill was not there yet since he wasn't due for an hour or lao and my Mother insisted she needed something so she made me and my brother go get it saying "you have time and he won't be here for a while". I get back and he was making my Mother laugh; to this day my Mother adores him and he can do no wrong in her eyes. She was a wise woman since he helped her out and gave her a beautiful grand daughter. Bill met my father because my parents were divorcing and he wanted the car back that he had given me to use; so Bill was following me to return it in La Grange, IL. I got show offy and missed my exit and ended up in Orland Park with no idea how to get back. Bill was waiting for me and concerned when I didn't show up. He went looking for my father and found him eating lunch next to his store. Bill said he was worried and my father didn't seem to care. And yes I obviously found my way back and Bill and my Father never did become friends because in Bill's eye's there was no concern for my safety and therefore no love.
   We may not be other people's cup of tea but we are hot for each other. He will even play peek a boo and jump out at me which always makes me laugh (except for the time he startled me and I stepped on his foot) Ooops...He is a grownup with an occassional 5-12 year old sense of humor which I adore! He has saved many a bad day by making me laugh. And how I love to laugh; even a simple joke or comment can get me to laugh. Being married to me gives him lots of material too ;p
   If you ever go into the local St Charles Target you may see him, he will chat and wears a vest to keep off the chill. And if I am with him and I since I am normally spacy I may accidentally get in front of your shopping cart and he will offer you a dollar to run me over wth your cart ;p Yes, it is that kind of off the wall humor I find amusing. We can have some interesting conversations as we wander around. Just saying....Well, it is time to end this blog..Remember, you are loved! And if you ever need a laugh give Bill a shout and he will be happy to accomodate ;p He may not be happy I just said that he, he. I hope you all have a wonderfull weekend. Try to stay cool and send some rain to West Chicago, Il okay?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!