Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Spiritual Sunday

   Jesus is Lord! And how grateful I am to Him today. We are getting the rain we need or at least some of it. And so grateful that the tree branch that came down by my hubby's truck missed it. The branch was directly above hubby's truck and the wind blew it sideways away from the truck or anything else it could damage. We drove through the neighborhood and though there were branches down I saw miracles. A basketball hoop that just missed a car by an inch. Youngling trees that were uprooted by the root balls but not damaged so they should be able to be replanted. We also have power for the moment.
    There are many without power and many with damage from storms. I see the damage as a chance for regrowth. A chance to draw closer to Him who created us and this beautifil planet.  For those who are in the midst of storms I offer a couple of my favorite Psalm passages.: Psalm 27:14 "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." We may not always get what we want but he will provide what we need when we need it. Also Psalm 30:4-5 "Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise His holy name. His anger lasts for a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes in the moring." Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and  my salvation----so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger---so why should I tremble?" These are some of my favorite passages that are highlighted in my Bible and have gotten me through some scary times.
    Someone asked me why I am writing this blog, the answer is I don't really know. To reach out? Because I hear a calling to share that you are not alone in this vast universe? Because I am egomaniacal? ;p I don't even know why I do things sometimes. I roll with the flow and hope for the best. There is one who is bigger than all of us and He is waiting for you to invite Him in. Please consider it. Especially if you feel alone and are in need of a friend; no one should travel this world alone and He will find a way for you not to be alone. Remember, you are loved my friends!! Hope you are all safe from the storms of life and have someone to hang on to. Have a great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!