Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Celiac rant, et al 5/28/12

Well, here it is day one of my blog. It will be a little of everything; just my random thoughts on life, etc. Today I want to start with a personal issue I have. I have Celiac disease which means I have to maintain a gluten free diet. My issue? with people who are opting to go on a gluten free diet to lose weight. I love you guys if you can lower the cost of gluten free items such as bread, however, you make it hard on those of use who are on the diet for our health and for life. Everybody now thinks it is a fad with no health benefits for those who need to be on it. I was diagnosed a few years ago after going for years with stomach issues and pain my Mom called growing pains. As I got older the stomach issues and the pain got worse. When I am true to my diet the pain stays away and the stomach issues die down. I can tell when I have been "contaminated" when the pain comes back; a deep muscle pain that allows me to move but causes a lot of pain whether I move or not. My stomach isn't my best indicator unless you talk to my husband who says my sh** stinks enough to peel wall paper when I have eaten gluten. I used to cheat and eat gluten on my birthday until I realized I was getting really sick with whatever cold, etc that was going around. Now I don't mind as much. Not sure how going gluten free aids in weight loss since most baked products made gluten free require a lot of butter, etc to make them tasty. A meat and vegetable diet might help but that isn't necessarily a gluten free diet; that is a healthy diet.
   Oh, another thing, did you know a lot of people are not aware that bread is made out of flour that is made out of wheat?...Smack my head!! That could explain why I get offered baked good even after I say I can't eat anything with wheat, barley or rye in it.

Well, enough of that rant.....it has been a scorcher for the past few weeks with little rain in sight. We have been luckier than most weather wise here in my part of Illinois. And for the moment or second the Cubs are actually in the lead....Hmmmmm Spoke to soon Padres just tied the score. Dang!
If you have issues with my blog please be kind as I am just starting and come back since ya never know what I might say next. I have a tendency to stick my foot in my mouth and wiggle my toes a bit......That is it for now. You all have a great day and remember you are loved. And dang the Padres just scored another run :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!