Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Favorite book series by Julia Purdom Dillavou

Good day friends!! Sorry no post yesterday, headaches and being tired not a great combo. So today I will write about what I love; friends in books better known as characters in books. For me books were an escape and still are that is why I read the fun stuff mostly. My favorite characters are of the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic series and  Stephanie Plum of the Janet Evanovich series.
     I love the shopaholic series and most of the rest of Ms Kinella's books because I can relate to the main character. In this series she is a nice gal who has a thing for Gucci, Prada and on and on. That is where we differ I don't do expensive brands,....because they are expensive...however, her character is a lovable girl that could be your best friend who has an addiction to all things shopping. She tries so hard to do the wrong thing and then ends up screwing up over and over again...kind of like me which is why I love her because I can relate.
     The Stephanie Plum series is a popular series loved and read by many people so I am in good company there. I love this series because there is action , adventure and loads of laughs... Again we have the female bounty hunter character who is a bit of a klutz but lucky when it comes to catching perps. And then there is the love interests Joe or Ranger.....Which camp are you in? I think I lean towards Ranger he has all the cool high tech stuff man!! She also has a tendency to get cars blown up food dumped on her...Basically, what would probably happen if I was a bounty hunter...Heck, I have taken out a 30 foot aluminum light pole and survived to tell the tale, amongst other silly stuff I have done.
   I also have to give a shout out to George Lucas who made smart move in retaining control of the Star Wars sage in books. My hubby and I love any of the series having to do with Luke, Leia and Han Solo and their kids. You probably wouldn't believe this but there are over 100 Star Wars books out there and they are true to the time lines. AND they are great if you like science fiction. I used to be a Star Trek book fan but the books are disorganized...one person dead hear and alive there. In Star Wars books, you die and you stay dead...Unfortunately RIP ???? I ain't gonna tell ya!
   I occasionally read more up to date books such as The Help which I loved and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which was well written but graphic.. Let's just say I will NOT be seeing that movie. The Help and One for the Money (Stephanie Plum)  I am waiting to come out for the close captioning.
Well good night all!!! I love you all...Remember you are loved....Keep the love flowing...See you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!