Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

West Chicago, IL

Good evening all!! So I owe West Chicago an apology...I did not know how bad the devastation was. So far I have not heard of any injuries, thank goodness, but I have seen a  LOT of trees down all over. And shortly after my blog yesterday we also lost power. We got it back today three minutes before I got home; however, there are still a lot of people here without power. And it is VERY hot!!
    Me and hubby went by one of the major parks here Reed Keppler and it was bad. A lot of trees are down like the wind or an axe went through the whole park and just leveled the trees. It will survive but a lot of good trees are gone.  :( Same with Oak Meadows Cemetary, I have never seen a cemetary closed off before but due to the tree damage there you could not get in...Well, maybe but I hate to think of that way.
    I know that Com Ed is trying to get everything up and running and the heat does not help. Hard to find any humor or joy in this especially if you are suffering in the heat. I hope everyone across the US gets there power back. A lot of people out east are still without power too.
   I know this isn't the most positive of blogs but I wanted to let people know what has been happening. So, if you have neighbors who have no power and you have room perhaps you acan offer them a room. Perhaps we all could open our doors to our neighborsif needed. I know it is hard because we have become such an isolated society. I had a co-worker offer me and hubby a room and it was so thoughful of her. Especially since she knows I am a crazy lady! ;p
       It is sad that a lot of us are afraid to reach out and ask for help or afraid to share what we have for fear of rejection or fear that they will see what our house really looks like ;p That last one applies to me..Hubby tries but I am a grade A SLOB.... I thank you for your patience with this blog. Remember, you are loved!!! Hey, and if anybody has an idea or something they would like me to rant about I would love to hear it...No politics please as I am not that literate ;p Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!