Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Julia's Weird Nightmoods

    Okay, I am feeling weird today so I don't know where this blog will go...Hmmmm....I have been thinking about the songs I sang as a youngling...Like..."Kookaburra sit in the old gum tree, merry, merry king of the bush is he, laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra gay your life must be!" Sang that in some girls group like Pioneer Girls. Loved that song. Remember "Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya, Oh Lord Kumbaya!" With the hand movements too! Of course there were the more violent songs of my youth...."Little Bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head!" Or the really weirdly violent song sung with a yellow headed dandelion in hand. Place thumb just under the yellow head of the dandelion and just before flicking the yellow head off with your thumb sing.."momma had a baby and her head popped off!!" Sick!! ;p Beats blowing the white seed heads all over the place! ;p Just kidding cause that was fun too.
   Told you I was in a weird mood....hmmm...what next? Children's read aloud books? My daughter Heather liked "Amelia Bedelia", "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and " I know an old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". The last one was a favorite of mine too. We would bounce and dance around the room singing the book it was soo much fun!!
   Recently, a friend of mine and I had a blast going through the Barnes & Nobles store reading "read aloud" books out loud. Okay, I was reading them out loud I am SUCH a ham if the kids had started lining up I would have been in heaven, HAM heaven! ;p You would not believe some of the hysterically funny kids book out there now. Mo Willems has some of the best ones around! "The Duckling Gets a Cookie?" Is soo funny! Not just for the kids, it has a grownup humor in a pint size book. So much fun! These are books I would gladly buy for any child that loved a good story. We also read another one I loved that my daughter might like too "Skippyjon Jones" about a Siamese cat who thinks he is a chihuahua. So much fun, a slightly longer book though. But I still read the whole thing out loud! He, he.
    And I didn't even get to tell you what we did in Anthropolgie! Maybe next time ;p
Well, I am feeling slightly less weird and I sure had fun, I hope you did too. Remember, you are loved!! Please keep the comments coming and if you have something you would like me to write about please feel free to email me or reply to the blog or send it telepathically! Good luck with the last one! I hope you all have a great night or morning!
   

2 comments:

  1. And then there is "I Want My Hat Back!" We didn't see that one at the bookstore, but it fits your theme here because it's funny with implied violence. (Okay you might not want to read it aloud, but a lot of kids will apreciate the poetic justice, while others will be horrified!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment..I value hearing from you..or please feel free to email me at annoyingbgirl@gmail.com. Remember you are loved!